Grove City College, Grove City, PA
Communication Studies • Class of 2014
T-Mobile, Philadelphia, PA, March 2015 – Present
Retail Sales Associate
- Assisted customers by recommending phones and services according to their needs, troubleshooting devices, and finding solutions for billing and service questions.
- Acted as manager on duty in overseeing proper handling of money, opening and closing procedures, and operations, as well as handling escalation of a number of customer concerns.
Sam’s Club, Willow Grove, PA, July 2014 – March 2015
Member Service Supervisor
- Managed all front-end operations on a daily basis, including training and supervising cashiers and lot attendants, acting as primary resource for members with questions or issues, and ensuring safety procedures and best practices were followed by the front-end team.
The Collegian, Grove City, PA, Grove City, PA, January 2012 – May 2014
Managing Editor 2013-2014, Staff Writer 2012-2013
- Operated as primary problem solver, improving the handling of administrative tasks and overseeing business and advertising, demonstrating management capabilities.
- Spearheaded design overhaul in a transition to broadsheet which increased efficiency of printing costs 174 percent, facilitated the creation of an ad sales team, and made progress toward securing a website.
- Maintained constant communication with editors and writers, setting deadlines and keeping the newspaper’s production schedule on track.
Sports Illustrated (SI.com), New York, NY, June 2013 – August 2013
- Exhibited attention to detail in helping to produce the breaking news site and maintain photo galleries.
- Helped manage the set and video production of a live show, including multiple camera operation.
Sports Information Office, Grove City, PA, October 2011 – May 2014
Student Assistant, Swim Meet Announcer
- Articulately directed swim meets as PA announcer, including the conference championship.
- Established standards as message board manager in creation of content and displayed adaptability in performing other tasks in assisting the Sports Information Director.
New Life Presbyterian Church, Glenside, PA, May 2011 – August 2012
Summer Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- Communicated effectively and respectfully in answering calls and facilitating office traffic as well as crafting church publications and performing various other tasks in assisting the church staff.
- Discovered and implemented multiple ways to increase efficiency in performing some administrative tasks.
- Maintained confidentiality in fiscal and personal matters, including the handling of background checks.
The Upper Dublin Insider, September 2009 – June 2010
Content Editor and Contributor
- Showed initiative and innovation by creating the position; managed content and formatting on the student-run website, created a subsection of the website, and compiled a file detailing the job duties.
Residence Life (Student Life & Learning), Grove City, PA, August 2012 – May 2013
- Exhibited leadership and creativity through programs and suggestions for training.
- Showed commitment in being readily available for residents.
BSA Troop 114, Philadelphia, PA, Oct. 2015 – Present
Committee Member/Adult Leader
- Taught responsibility and leadership by guiding the boys to lead themselves and take ownership of the troop, simultaneously offering advice as needed or requested.
New Life Presbyterian Church, May 2011 – June 2015
Elementary Level Teacher/Helper
- Assisted weekly in the summer program with drama, games and general supervision.
- Produced and taught lessons and managed the classroom twice monthly during the 2014-2015 school year.
Activities, Honors, & Positions:
LPH (communication honorary) – Treasurer
Member of ODK (leadership honorary)
Who’s Who Among Students, 2014
Chapel Choir Co-President, 2011-2012
WSAJ (91.1 FM) DJ, 2010-2012
Grove City College Touring Choir, 2010-2014
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop